Sunday 22 November 2015

6 Things Organized People Do

 
Write things down. Invest in a planner or agenda to keep track of your time and the things you need to do. Find one that is small enough to fit in your purse or pocket.

File important documents in a organized way that is easy for you to remember, whether it is alphabetically, chronologically or by group. You don't have to remember to file everyday. Keep a folder on top of the cabinet and put items in there that need to be filed. Also, think before you file. If you don't need to keep it then you shouldn't. It will only take up space.

Label! Labeling makes it much easier to remember what is where and where things go back. I label my storage totes and baskets, not only for me, but so my friends and family have an easier time navigating my house when they are over and I don't have to worry about losing anything because it was put back in the wrong place. Maybe that is crazy but so am I!

Declutter! Having less stuff means that you have more room, your home looks more organized and ultimately you will feel more relaxed. It also helps because when you declutter there is a better chance everything will have a designated space so you don't have to remember if the iron is on the shelf, under the sink or in the closet!

Designate a place for things that don't have to be dealt with right away. It can be a shelf, box or basket. I like to have mine by the front door so I can put things I just brought home in it until I find its new home within my house.

Don't listen to everything people tell you. Including me. I am not saying you should ignore people when they suggest tips and tricks but if you have a routine that works for you then keep doing it. The important thing is that your life stays organized. How you do that really isn't important.

No comments:

Post a Comment