Tuesday 10 November 2015

Organizing your Suitcase - The Ultimate Small Space

This is a little different than the usual home organizing posts but if we are being honest, suitcases are the ultimate small space - especially when you have to pay to travel with it.

This post was inspired by my trip to Florida later this year and I am excited to share the ideas I found for bringing everything I need in the smallest size possible.

I always roll my clothes when I pack my luggage because I can fit more stuff but during my research I found several different methods of organizing a suitcase because suitcases are just always too small.


The first method is using vacuum bags. I have two problems with this space saving idea. The first is that sometimes, when you take clothes out of these bags they smell stuffy and it will wrinkle your clothes terribly. There is also an issue with the fact that your destination may not have a vacuum to repack on your way home. If you go with this method, add some dryer sheets to keep your clothing smelling fresh and avoid easily wrinkled clothes - which isn't a bad idea, no matter how you pack, when you travel.





The second method for packing is using  a Ziploc baggie. Doing so apparently reduces space. I suggest buying quality baggies because you will be able to pack them fully without worrying about the bags tearing. Some people organized the bags by daily outfits which may also be a great idea.





The final idea I found was for people who share suitcases. This could be done with any kind of bags, even the Ziplocs as above, but the inventor of this idea used bags similar to those that new sheets come in. She put each persons clothes into different bags to both save space and prevent someone from messing up someone else's organization, particularly children. To find out more about this idea, visit Homemade by Carmona..

No comments:

Post a Comment