Tuesday 24 November 2015

Using Decor to Store

I have a fancy tea set that I really like but it was fairly impractical. I got all of the pieces at various garage sales because I thought they looked pretty but I never intended on using them for anything but display. The problem is that I have a lot of stuff and having something just for the sake of looking pretty is not practical.
 
 
While trying to figure out where to put it one day, I realized that the pots and water jug would be perfect for storing things and so, I decided to place it in the kitchen. I am really excited I did because I am able to store my everyday kitchen items such as dishwasher tablets and sponges out in the open without it looking too obvious and cluttering up the counters. You could use it in many different places such as the bedroom for hair accessories or the bathroom for cotton balls and swabs.
It is a pretty way to make good use of the space you have and store things in a way that is easy to access.
 
I even made the milk cup (is it called a cup) into a candle so that my peppermint candle wouldn't take up more counter space. I just melted down the wax, placed a wick from Michael's into the cup and poured the was into it.  I also displayed flowers from important/special events in the sugar dish.
 
 
Hope you like it! 
Do you have any decorations that could become functional? Let me know in the comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment