Friday 20 November 2015

After Organizing My Bedroom - Part 1

So my bedroom is on its way and I wanted to show you some of the progress!
 
The Afters
 
I absolutely love the new layout and colour. The room seems so much bigger and I believe it is only 10' X 10', so that is saying something. Configuration and colour are definitely important aspects of making a small space larger.
 
 
You may notice my colourful cart by the TV. This is full of crafts - lots of them. I got it from Michael's and it was a bit pricey but I had a coupon and it is perfect for my most often used crafts! The bed also has two new drawers under it - I took these from the big black dresser I got rid of and it was a surprisingly perfect fit.
 
It does still look a little bland but that is because I still have a bit to do. I have a shelf to put above the bed which will display some of my treasures and superhero themed bobble heads. I also have some artwork, I picked up at the Toronto Fan Expo, to decorate the walls - the Avengers, Captain America and Indiana Jones I believe. The mirror behind the chest is the one I plan on using for my storage mirror - see Jewellery Storage without the Box.
 
You will also notice that the after photos do not include pictures of the shelving unit. It is still there but that is part of what is left to do, along with putting some sort of covering up behind the dresser to hide my DIY jewellery box artwork. I also want to hid the TV wires in some sort of white tubing.
 
I hope the transformation inspires you to transform something in your small space!
I will keep the After Photos coming!
 
Let me know what you think!
 
 
  

4 comments:

  1. Wow what a change looks great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, it was a lot of work - especially moving the furniture - but I had lots of help.

      Delete
  2. Wow! What a difference! It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you very much! I hope to get it finished soon. I am so excited!

    ReplyDelete