Sunday 22 November 2015

Room by Room - Office

Whether your office is in a separate room or part of you general living space, keeping it organized can help keep your home looking clean and spacious. My office space happens to be in my living room. I have designated a specific area for office related tasks but unfortunately their just isn't enough space. For this reason, it is important I keep it organized.

As mentioned in my post about organizing your living room, I plan on building a table to go behind my couch that has a hinged expansion so that the couch table will turn into an extra workspace for homework and crafts. This way, the couch table will serve two separate functions in my shared room! If you need extra work space, take a look around and see if there is anyway to use your furniture, or create furniture that can serve multiple functions.



I also found an idea for organizing paperwork. By dividing your papers by purpose or task you can quickly sort documents when you get them. Once it is full, or you get a chance to empty each bucket, you can do it quickly. You also don't have to worry about piles growing on your workspace, taking up valuable area. I would probably include a folder for filing and mailing. 


 

My favourite addition to my office area is my "Useful Box" organizer. I got it as a gift from a friend but have also seen them at Walmart. It provides several compartments that are perfect for storing staples, paperclips, USB drives, erasers, binder clips, push pins and really any other small trinket you can think of. You can easily see into the box and grab what you need in an instance. It could also be used for craft supplies if your office doubles as a craft room.

 
I love the idea of making this giant chalkboard calendar. It would be pretty easy and would only require tape, paint brushes, chalkboard paint and a little time. It makes it easy to see what you need to do at a glance and is a fun way to spice up your office.


Instead of throwing all of your office supplies in your drawer, use drawer dividers or small boxes and trays to keep everything organized.

 
Try a little organization DIY by turning a shoebox into a charging station. It helps keep everything looking tide by tucking away your cables. Be careful not to create a fire hazard though!

 
I hope you enjoyed these tips. Keep an eye out for more!
 
 
 




2 comments:

  1. Great tips! Love the shoebox charger station.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much. I though it was really clever - our charging area is covered in cords and always looks messy!

      Delete